Strava

Friday, March 14, 2014

What's Black And Blue And Goes 100mph?




What's Black And Blue And Goes 100mph?



This guy's helmet.




      So I finally pulled the trigger on a helmet communicator.  There are now just too many reasons not to have one.  For instance,  being able to check in on my son while riding in the woods. Or to give instructions to him.  Also for keeping tabs with my woods buddies... In case one of them "Has fallen and can't get up."  Then of course there is the ability to converse back and forth with my wife without using gestures of a sometimes questionable nature.  That way I don't freak out when she starts pounding on my back because a bee just flew in her helmet...  Or, something like that.  Took just about half an hour to get the wire routing sorted and all the components secured in there locations.  Sitting here listening to Alice In Chains "Man In A Box" through the headset.  Holy Cow that can go loud.  Might even be enough to drown out the Potato Wobblers..

   Stay tuned for further reviews of the Sena SMH10R..
We'll see what kind of mischief we can engage in with it.
  Apparently, they now also make an attachment for the new GoPro Hero 3 that allows you to narrate over the top of the footage.

Track just switched to Heart... That sounds pretty good in here..

Until next time.. Polarbear and Bud E. will be rocking out.

8 comments:

  1. So am I going to have to wear my street helmet dirt riding? Or switch my Sena to my offroad helmet? Or, and this is the costly one, buy another set of Senas? I'm looking forward to seeing yours as it looks like they redesigned them to be slimmer without the big dial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brad,

      The clamp, speakers and mic are sold as a separate kit without the radio so you can use the same unit on multiple helmets.

      Delete
    2. I only pulled the trigger on these smh10r units was because it was within the price I was willing to pay for a Dual set. Ebay $269 plus free shipping.. I like being able to listen to some tunes, and now not having to stop if Karen or work calls for something important while out on a ride.... That's assuming I haven't already made to an area of no service yet.

      Delete
  2. Oooh Richard - now you are being logical.

    Glad you finally bought a Sena. They sure are convenient. Prepare for the ear worms, as we sometimes sing in our helmets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was listening to some tunes while riding with Sassy this morning and found it was helping me find my groove.. I was riding more relaxed.. Of course some of that may have been some riding technique I found riding the Trials bike. I was doing it all wrong.. Imagine that..

      Delete
  3. I seem to be the last on the sena party, I am getting some this come heck or high water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really has been nice the last couple of rides to listen to some tunes.. and with the volume all the way up... it is still plenty loud enough to hear while also wearing the industrial foam earplugs. I was also able to receive a call from my wife while riding as well. I haven't had a chance to use the intercom yet. The smh10r (the one I just installed did have a lot of cables that needed routing.. YOU might inquire with Troubadour or Trobaritz about installing the standard Smh10

      Delete
  4. I've considered something similar but frankly don't want ANY distractions while out riding. Maybe one day in the future.

    ReplyDelete